Unless you have been living under a rock for the past few years, you have likely heard of the Airbnb online marketplace. Here you can rent a single bedroom or your entire property to individuals traveling to the area.
Many people use Airbnb to earn extra income; however, if you decide to do this, you need to make sure that you have the appropriate security devices in place to safeguard your property, as well as your personal items. Some tips to do that can be found here.
Use Access Control and Smart Locks
You can easily keep tabs on who is entering and exiting your home by installing a smart lock. These can be locked or unlocked remotely to provide access into your home. They can also be used to keep certain restricted areas, such as liquor or medicine cabinets, or certain rooms off limit to your guests.
You can also use access control to limit who is able to enter the space. With this method of protection, you can:
• Assign a temporary access code to your guests.
• Create access codes that are unique for each person staying on the property.
• Give access to your home without having to interact with guests.
• Get real time alerts letting you know if a restricted area is accessed.
Use Video Surveillance
You can also install video cameras to monitor any entry point to a restricted area. Remember, if you are listing your property or room on Airbnb, you have to disclose any surveillance devices to your guests and obey all of the privacy laws listed. When properly placed, according to the rules, these cameras can help to keep your property safer. In fact, some of the benefits of using video surveillance include:
• Provide visual verification of what is going on to the host.
• Ability to watch the feeds live.
• Help to deter an intruder from targeting the home.
• Provide peace of mind for your guests.
If you are planning on renting out a room in your home, or your entire home, to individuals who are traveling to the area, make sure to safeguard your property with the tips here. You will have peace of mind and be able to make a bit of money.